Ingredients are very simple and you shouldn’t follow them very accurately. This is a guideline only. Thinking about ingredients and how to cook fish vindaloo with Red Perch, you should understand, that if you change any ingredient into two times, nothing really happen. Therefore adjust all ingredients to your taste. And ingredient availability.
These ingredients are prepared for two portions of fish vindaloo:
- Red Perch. 2 small fishes (300-400gm each)
- Vindaloo paste – 300 gm. Add more paste to make it more rich in flavours and spices.
- Onion – 2 medium
- Garlic – 1 bulb
- Ginger – 2-3 cm piece
- Tomato – 1 medium
- hot chilli – to your taste. I’ve use 1 Jalapeño chilli for extra aroma
- Lime – ½ Lime have more aroma in compare with lemon and it is better to use it. Or, you can use kaffir lime, which is even better.
- Coriander – medium bunch
- Salt – to taste. It is important to remember, that fish is not salted yet, but vindaloo paste can be salty. Usually it is ok to salt fish fillets before cooking and add a little bit of salt to tomatoes.
- Vegetable oil – couple table spoons to start cooking