How to make tomato beef burger on skillet
Published: 17-Aug-2013 (19:06); Viewed: 1695; Difficulty: 3 out of 10
The great taste of high quality meat in the beef burgers can be improved by adding some herbs. In this particular recipe, we will make great combination of tomatoes, basil and garlic, which can improve any meat. These tomato beef burgers can be the best burgers in compare with any other beef burger. The best results will be achieved after cooking of this burger on charcoal, but it is possible to cook everything of cast iron skillet. In this article, I'll show, how to make tomato beef burger on skillet.
Ingredients for four quarter pound tomato beef burgers.
- Ingredients for the beef mince:
- Tender lean beef, 1 pound. Use top side, rump, loin, fillet tail or hanging steak for this.
- 1 average onion
- 1 garlic bulb
- ½ small bunch of basil, use leafs only.
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp, dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp, tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp, Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp, Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Ingredients for the burger filling:
- Buns for burger
- Cheese singles, at least one slice for each beef burger
- Rindless back bacon rashers, at least one for each burger
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 bulb of sweet onion (it is important to use sweet onion to avoid masking the taste of other ingredients.)
- Sauce for beef burger:
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ Tabasco sauce.
- ½ tbsp of olive oil for cooking (garlic olive oil will be perfect)
Remove all tendons and sinews from the meat pieces. Tendons and sinews are perfect for making stock or for stew, but not for quick frying.
Chop meat into a mince with sharp cleaver.
Finely chop dried tomatoes. Finely chop all garlic: do it in two steps – press the garlic with the side of the cleave, and then chop it. Cut onion into a small cubes. Chop basil leafs.
Add all ingredients for the mince into a large bowl.
Mix all ingredients for mince with mixer, tightly close with cling film and keep in the fridge at least one hour to mature the mince.
Make properly shaper burgers. From 1 pound of meat it is optimal to make 4 burgers, of &far14; pound each, almost the optimal burger size. The optimal thickness should be about ¾ inch.
Cut lattice leafs into a burger size pieces, finely slice tomatoes, slice sweet onion into a thin rings, prepare sauce by mixing of ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard and Tabasco.
Preheat cast iron skillet to medium temperature, without any oil! Fry bread halves until they start to be brown. This will make them a bit more solid and a bit more moisture resistant.
Fry bacon until it turns slightly crispy. After bacon, wipe out all the mess from the skillet.
Brush the skillet with the olive oil and start to cook burgers itself. Fry them about 1½-2 minutes on each side twice. They should be cooked well done, to a temperature about 70-74 ° C.
Now, when everything is ready, lets make the beef burgers itself. Place bottom part of the bun on the plate. Distribute 1 tbsp of sauce on the bun. Place hot beef burger. Add cheese slice, and wait 30 seconds to allow cheese to melt a bit. Place sliced tomatoes.
Add bacon. Place onion rings. Cover everything with lattice leafs and finally cover with top part of the bun. Serve and enjoy.
tips and tricks
- The mince from a mincer loose plenty of meat juice during cooking, in compare with mince, prepared by chopping meat with cleaver.
- Frying beef burgers, do not overcook them and also, make sure, to do not under cook them.
- Do not cook on low heat, because low temperature skillet will extracts plenty of meat juice during cooking.