How to make seafood quiche
Published: 30-Mar-2013 (04:20); Viewed: 3611; Difficulty: 2 out of 10
Open pie, quiche, is a very tasty main dish. Which can have virtually any fillings. In this recipe, I'll show How to make seafood quiche with mussel and tiger prawns. This seafood quiche can be perfect as a main dish for any occasions for sea food lovers.
Ingredients for one large seafood quiche:
- Prepared quiche dough in the backing tin. How to do it, it is possible to find at the end of this recipe.
- Double cream, 200 ml.
- Eggs, 2
- Leek, 100 gm white part of the plant.
- Cheese, 100 gm. It is better to have a mixture of cheeses, like Edam 70 gm and 30 gm of hard cheese, like Parmigiano.
- Cooked mussel without shells, 150 gm. Meat of cooked mussels are available in any supermarket.
- Large tiger or king prawns, 50-80 gm.
- Small bunch or parsley.
- Clarified butter, 1 tbsp.
- Nutmeg, ½ of one nut.
- Milled black pepper, ½ tsp.
- Salt, to taste, ½ tsp.
Whisk eggs with double cream.
Grate half of nutmeg into cream and egg mixture. Add salt. Mill black pepper. Add chopped parsley and whisk everything.
Fry tiger prawns on low hit on the pan with butter, until they turns red. Temporarily, set them aside.
On the same butter, fry finely chopped leek, until soften and slightly brown.
Mix prawns, mussels and leek in the frying pan and fry 2 minutes.
Add double cream with eggs and all spices to the frying pan and fry one more minute. The mix should be hot but not boiling hot. Virtually you need to mix everything in the pan without further cooking.
Fill the quiche pastry with prepared stuffing. It is all right, if the centre of the stuffing is a bit higher than the pastry level.
Grate cheese on top of the stuffing. If you've got two chesses, grate the soft cheese first and then grate the hard cheese.
Bake in the 180-200 ° C oven for 20 minutes. Serve!
tips and tricks
- It is possible to use any seafood for this quiche, but the main rule is, the row meat should be slightly cooked before filling the pastry.
- It is better to use raw, uncooked prawns, but precooked are also suitable. For cooked prawns – reduce frying time.
- Use any other cooking oil or butter instead of clarified butter.
- How to make clarified butter, or pure butterfat
Clarified butter is an almost pure butterfat or fat from the milk. Traditional butter contains at least 80% of milk fat, 1-2% of carbohydrates and ...
- How to make quiche dough
Quiche is a French open pie with crusty pastry. The stuffing can widely vary, but the dough, used for quiche is the same. Making pastry for quiche ...